Got tickets? Think About Online Ticketing for Your Next Event
From the Golden Globes to the SAG Awards, culminating in the Oscars in February, Hollywood is rolling out the red carpet to award the best of television and the big screen, Like Hollywood, the first quarter of the year is also when many nonprofit organizations roll out the red carpet for their supporters and hold annual fundraising events to support its programs.
Many of us have been to these fundraisers and patiently wait in line while volunteers look through lists of names and sponsors to mark attendees off as they enter the event. Add ticket sales at the event and it can easily turn into a nightmare for the volunteers, attendees and event organizers. Keeping your event expenditures down will increase the bottom line, but spending some money on ticketing and registration tools is well worth the upfront costs.
There are many online tools available now that make your event ticketing and registration much more streamlined and easy to use for your next event. Here are three event registration systems we like to use for our clients:
Ticket Leap -- www.ticketleap.com
- With TicketLeap, you can set up a ticket page to sell tickets to your own events, no matter how large or small. The ticket purchaser receives his/her ticket electronically via email, once he/she sends payment.
- Customize your ticketing page, plus it’s already optimized for mobile devices.
- TicketLeap enables you to get paid via PayPal or another merchant account. You also have the option to let TicketLeap process your payment and deliver your money to you by direct deposit or paper check.
- Using the system’s free apps from the Apple App Store or the Android Market, you can scan tickets using the camera from any iPhone or modern Android smartphone.
- Market your event with social media integration, create custom email blasts and create promo buttons to add to your website.
- Track your sales and create charts and graphs.
- $1 flat fee for tickets $10 & under
- $2 flat fee for tickets over $10
- 100% Free for all free events
Eventbrite – www.eventbrite.com
- You will be able to customize your page with colors, logos, images, and a personalized URL. Through the online page creation interface, create your custom page using the color theme option buttons, and then click the “Save and Publish” button to finish.
- Eventbrite sends you an email when you make ticket sales, and your customer receives an email with a Portable Document Format (PDF) link that they print out to get their ticket.
- Sell tickets and collect registrations directly from your own organization’s Website by embedding our ticket widget.
- Also has marketing and promotion tools leveraging social media, email blasts, the ability to track affiliate sales and create embeddable widgets for websites and blogs.
- Use PayPal or Google Checkout or take checks or cash at the door for those that wish to pay in person.
- Track your ticket sales through charts and graphs.
- $2.5% from each ticket purchase while tickets are available to purchase on your website and .99 from each ticket purchase plus additional costs for using the various payment systems
- 100% Free for all free events
TicketSpice from WebConnex – www.ticketspice.com/
- WebConnex’s event ticket system allows you to create a custom page for your ticket sales, as well as a “drag and drop” page builder makes it easy to customize your event page and tickets.
- Easily add sponsor logos on items such as your event tickets easily to leverage promotional opportunities
- Once purchased can simply print off their barcoded ticket to your event and bring it to be scanned at the door.
- Flexible payment options with the ability to get the funds sent directly to you, no waiting periods.
- Also offers mobile ticket scanning with iPhone App.
- Like the other two, WebConnex allows you to track your ticket sales through charts and graphs.
- $19 a month while tickets are available to purchase on your website
- $.79 from each ticket purchase