“Like” your favorite organizations
This is a call to action for supporters of organizations big and small: support your favorite organizations on Facebook! Organizations (for the most part) don’t want to spam you with irrelevant messages; they want to interact with their supporters, keep you updated with information about what they’re up to, causes they support, and how you can get involved. Personally, I “Like” many brand pages. Yes, I see a lot of bad habits coming from organizations’ Facebook Pages… too much posting, not enough posting, boring messages, etc. But, I see even more updates that are great from brands I admire.
The thing is, Facebook consistently makes changes (usually minor tweaks) to its platform – including to Pages used by organizations. Recent changes to their algorithm (which is a formula that populates a user’s News Feed), makes it so that users may not be seeing Facebook Pages’ updates as often. As a user, this frustrates me because I miss valuable information, and as a Facebook Page administrator this challenges me. I work hard to connect organizations with their supporters, and I don’t want them to miss out on opportunities.
Although it won’t entirely fix the situation, here’s how you can help increase visibility of posts from your favorite organizations:
- Simply “Like” the page. If you haven’t already “Liked” the organization’s page, please do so!
- Hover over the “Like” button (once you’ve “Liked” the page), and click “Add to Interest Lists”. You can easily add an Interest List such as “Favorite Organizations”.
- Hover over the “Like” button again, and click “Get Notifications”. This will guarantee you will not miss posts from your favorite organizations. If a Page is not overly posting, this shouldn’t be annoying.
4. Facebook recently added a “Pages Feed” to your home page. By clicking on this link, you’ll see the Pages’ posts that you have “Liked”.
5. Interact with the Pages’ posts: “Like”, “Share” and comment.
Here’s to supporting organizations on Facebook! Also, keep an eye out for a followup post which will include a call to action for organizations.