Author Archives: 3fold
We always have a good time at the Sacramento Public Relations Association (SPRA) annual CAPPIE Award Gala, and this year was no exception!
In a night full of joy and jubilee celebrating the accomplishments of the previous year, we had a great time cheering on all of the nights winners, and of course ourselves – we took home four awards!
➢ Silver Pro-Bono Campaign Playing to Win National Tour
➢ Silver Special or Media Event Sactoberfest
➢ Bronze Short-Term Public Relations Campaign Sacramento Regional Transit – My Line
➢ Bronze Special or Media Event Long Live The Kings Rally
A big congrats to our intern, Allison Fulwiler, who won Gold for her Student Entry: Hornets for a Healthy Hive.
It was an exciting night filled with a lot of old friends from former 3folder and the night’s emcee Scott Moak to our dear friend Carmichael Dave who was named the “Volunteer of the Year” for his efforts during the Playing to Win Tour. Let’s just say there was more than one quieter than usual 3folder in the office on Friday.
Another great night for Sacramento and its talent. We can’t wait to do it all over again – bigger and better of course – next year!
We decided surviving another tax day was worth a little celebration. Despite feeling a little bitter about parting with our hard earned cash, we decided to have some refreshing, delicious therapy in the form of the 3fold 2014 Tax Day Bitter Bar!
Best wishes for refunds and sincerest sympathies if you owe.
3fold Account Managers make sure our amazing clients’ projects run smoothly and efficiently. They are responsible for ensuring the execution of every deliverable we create is delivered on time, on budget and to the maximum satisfaction of our clients. We’re currently on the look out for some new team members–people who thrive on the details, bask in providing superior customer service, and are passionate about being part of a creative and community-oriented team.
If this sounds like you–or someone you know–please review the job description below and send your resume to email@example.com.
Full job description and requirements:
3fold Account Managers act as a link between clients and 3fold. This position reports to the Director of Account Services, and is an essential contributor to the growth of client accounts. Effective hands-on management of day-to-day account operations, strategic thinking, continuous education and management of client expectations, and outstanding cooperation / influence throughout the company to get things accomplished are the keys to the success of this position.
Account Managers work closely with their clients throughout campaigns, managing administrative and organizational work, and ensuring that contract deliverables are completed on time and on budget. In addition to managing the delivery of services for active clients, Account Managers are responsible for identifying opportunities to expand existing client relationships, and cultivating new client relationships.
- Discussing the products, services and goals of each particular client
- Setting up meetings with clients and other 3fold staff
- Delegating work to other members of the 3fold team
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding the client / agency relationship; anticipating future business opportunities, as well as emerging issues which may affect the client / agency relationship
- Overseeing the status of projects and campaigns and ensuring they are moving forward on time and on budget
- Negotiating with clients and 3fold staff about the details of campaigns
- Assisting in the presentation of creative work and strategies to clients for approval or modification
- Meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Establishing and handling contract budgets (to be approved by Director’s) and managing campaign/contract costs
- Writing reports, keeping records and financial details
- Monitoring the efficiency and workload of accounts as they relate to the goals
- Understanding clients’ products and or services, business culture and competition and proactively leading the client to new opportunities
- Monitoring and tracking the effectiveness of campaigns
- Managing client expectations, providing client-side counterparts with relevant information
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2 years of marketing and/or communications experience, with experience managing single and multi-component projects – or equivalent.
- Demonstrate top-notch organization, ability to work within processes, attention to detail, and the ability to aggressively manage schedules.
- Possess a passion for marketing and communications, creativity, autonomy, and strong strategic planning and implementation skills with a track record of success.
- Be a persuasive communicator.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-changing environment.
- Possess a strong understanding of client behavior and strong client-management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, listening, verbal and writing skills, as well as strong and confident presentation skills.
- Contribute to a high-functioning team.
- Care about and involved in the Sacramento Region.
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2014 SPRA Cappies! While contemplating all the amazing work from our region, here’s another brain exercise:
How many words can you make from the word “Cappie”? You have 3 minutes and 33 seconds…GO! (Answers below–don’t cheat!)
Letter Scrabble Words
3 Letter Scrabble Words
2 Letter Scrabble Words
In a study undertaken with the University College London Business Psychology School, participants were asked to read a reduced edition of Metro on a tablet, with one group asked to navigate using a traditional mouse and a second group asked to use the touch screen to navigate. The results revealed that spontaneous recall of six adverts was on average 28 percent higher among those who’d used the touch screen as opposed to those who had used the mouse. The study found that the advertising was also received more positively when consumed using a touch-screen device.
Looks like the majority of Americans are hooked on online videos. We’re pretty sure several someones definitely watched 397 cat videos to hit their average.
61% of the American population watched an average of 397 online videos in the month of January, 2014. Of those, 36% (or about 143 per person) were advertisements. This is more than double the number of ads from 2011, when 15% of online videos were ads.
Another key trend points towards higher mobile usage–in 2012, 1 in 12 videos were watched via mobile, while in 2013, that frequency jumped to 1 in 6.
These stats come from Shutterstock and comScore, who partnered to create a video documenting the herculean rise of online video within the digital world. “Show Me Something” tells the story of how our relationship with moving pictures has evolved since they came online.
Kickstarter, one of many crowdsourcing platforms that have taken off int he past few years, recently posted its first ever quarterly report.
In just the first quarter of 2014, the site showed:
- $112 million in total pledges
- 680,000 new backers
- Nearly 4,500 projects were successfully funded
- Donors pledged more than $1.25 million per day to campaigns
Why is this interesting? The marketplace–and its direction–is no longer limited by lack of power or access to major funding. The “people” are funding the shows, products and causes they want to see–and doing so with just $1, $5, $50, or $1,000 to give. And these campaigns-made-good are making a big impact.
Recently, Oculus VR, a project funded through Kickstarter, for $2 billion in March, made news when Facebook acquired it after it’s grassroots buzz. Also in March, The Square was nominated for an Oscar in the Best Documentary Feature category, making it the seventh Oscar nomination for a Kickstarter-backed project. Four separate Kickstarter projects were also nominated for Grammys in January. On March 14, Veronica Mars hit theaters after raising more than $5.7 million on Kickstarter last April.
Grassroots marketing is now big business.
We are so proud to have won a gold Addy this year from the Sacramento Ad Club! Thanks to the amazing work of our 3fold team and Franklin Pictures with the video production, the PSA spot we created for last year’s Empty Bowls event for the River City Food Bank helped sell tickets and raise much-needed money for a great cause. The award is just a bonus (but an appreciated one). Check out the spot below…and get your tickets for this year’s event, taking place March 10 and 11!
The growth continues here at 3fold, and we could not be prouder. But with so many new faces in the fold, it can be tough to keep track of all of them. So, let’s get know them better starting with our very first Robot employee. What? You ask. Let us explain.
Meet Liz Divelbiss. She may be a Robot (we’ll get to that in a second) but most importantly, she is brilliant. With degrees from USC’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, and years of experience working on communications projects for statewide organizations, Liz isn’t your average creative genius.
When asked to describe herself, one word just wouldn’t do. She responded with… self-motivated, collaborative, detail oriented, ambitious, and many more. We finally had to cut her off! But, it was a sign. She would be a perfect fit for 3fold.
Upon joining the team as an Account Manager, Liz immediately stepped into the fray with our clients – both local and statewide. Her ability to quickly form strong relationships, innovation, strategic thinking and creativity are assets when helping 3fold clients to reach their goals.
Now about the Robot. Liz revealed her ridiculously hilarious side early on when she proudly announced, “I don’t actually have feelings. I don’t get knocked off course. I show no emotions. I am basically a Robot.”
Her sense of humor is subtle, cutting and unique. She often shows up to work resembling your 3rd grade school teacher – but has the wits, guts and smarts that are anything but elementary. She’s like no Robot you’ve ever met… that’s our Liz.
As you stop by, say hi to our very own Robot, Liz. And, don’t forget to bring a can of oil!
We’re delighted to have so many new, and awesomely talented, members of the 3fold team. Check back next week to meet our next 3folder.
Entry Level Designer/Production Designer
Do you get an adrenaline rush working on deadline driven projects? Do you re-size ads faster than a speeding bullet? Can you juggle multiple projects and multiple deadlines all without breaking a sweat? Well, hello design superstar; we want you on our team.
3fold Communications is a prominent Sacramento marketing agency specializing in creating one-of-a-kind strategic communications for clients large and small.
Think you’ve got the skills to support the creative team and agency in producing world-class designs that are both strategic and visually amazing? Then 3fold wants to hear from you.
- 2-3 years of experience and a solid portfolio of design work
- A working understanding of layout, type and color, and ability to take instructions from the creative team to create a complete layout, working proficiently in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop). Responsibilities also include producing final files to send to print /programming.
- Ability to deliver 60+ production projects per month, on time, under budget, with incredible attention to detail
- Can-do attitude: Willing to go the extra mile to produce the best possible design.
- Not only are you a speed demon in output but you also have some sketching and concepting skills
- Ability to solve design problems, not just make pretty pictures
Nice to Haves:
- HTML, CSS, WordPress and Flash? Bonus points.
Send us your resumes and a link to your portfolio with examples of some of your design accomplishments and why you want to join the 3fold Team.
*This is a full time position offering medical benefits and a paid vacation package.